Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Cross'n it out mom!

Just wanted to jot down something that happened today with Jacey, my wonderful little 4 year old. Well she constantly writes notes on note cards that say "Jacey Jamie I love you" OR "Jacey Troy I love you" OR her friends names or sister and so on. She thinks it's something so super special and thinks we all treasure it like it's money! At least that's how we make her feel about it!

Well today I was telling her to clean up her mess in the living room, which by the way still becomes a playroom even if you have a playroom bigger than the living room, and she came over to me and showed me the note card that previously said, "Jacey Jamie I love you" and now had a big line through the "I love you" part. I laughed - because I thought she was being funny. But in all SERIOUSNESS she said, "When you are nicer to me I will not draw a line through it!" And walked away.

Later she came over with a new card that said it without the line. And told me how much she loved me and she made me a new card. Very proud! Hours passed and at dinner I told her to take a bite of her noodles or she wasn't going to get ice cream. She said, "Mom I am going to draw a line through it again! You better be nice!" And I couldn't help but laugh.

She didn't get ice cream & I still don't have a line through "it".

I am in for it BIG TIME! She's only 4!!!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

She's a pretty funny character, and yes.......you will def. have your hands fun.

Stacie said...

What a cute story. I love it. She is so cute and I can just see her doing this and you Jamie trying not to laugh in front of her.I enjoyed seeing you all at the party and your little girls are just the cutest. Jamie I loved your blog and I found it posted on Stephanie's so I will keep checking to view the latest pictures and news.
(Sevrie & Corals Grandma) Stacie