When I was living in Colorado I knew I didn't want to stay there. There were good things - but the con's list overtook the good and it was very clear as to what I should do when I had children. I am so great-full we don't live there now.
The con's for suburbia Elk Grove is not that bad - it's just different. Different than I thought it would be, different than where I thought I would be raising my children, just plan different - but OH SO THE SAME! Same houses, same cars, same people with different names, same chain stores, same streets, a lot of the SAME! Is same always bad? Or can same be good? When?
I don't want to find myself being the same. I try to stay true to myself and try to be original. I want to be unique - but unique in suburbia sometimes comes off as just plain bitchy or strange or not like "them" so not right.
A place in my suburbia world that I do feel right, at peace, unique and original and very at ease is in my back yard. Sure there are 3 or more different houses looking in on my unique place - but I try to ignore that noise and enjoy what I have. We have a beautiful yard with many different types of plants and many different color flowers. It isn't complete (we've been here 2 years!) but it's getting there. I did a small raised bed with the girls this year and it's so fun to pick the cherry tomatoes and eat them right of the vine. We've depleted the strawberry bush - but that was a lot of fun too. I love my yard in suburbia hell. It's green, it's fun and it's relaxing.
Come by and play and eat some cherry tomatoes!
No comments:
Post a Comment