Monday, June 30, 2008

Quite a performer!

Like all of us moms, I am quite impressed with my kids. They seem to surprise me in different ways all the time! What is so fascinating to observe is your child's strengths (and weaknesses) as they grow and learn more things. I also find it fascinating the things that my children are good at that I am not, and vic-a-versa. 

As a mom, I am really hard on myself because I want my children to be better than I am. So when I see Jacey want to give up on on things I cringe inside and push her harder to be something she doesn't want to be. I am not proud that I do that, but I can't seem to stop myself 100% of the time. Believe me when I say that I do try. But it is hard for me! She is HUGE on self discovery. And I am HUGE on teaching her. Example. She was writing the numbers 1-20. She kept forgetting or not wanting to include 13. She has trouble saying it so she just figures she can take that number out and substitute another 14. This bugs me because it reminds me of myself. When things get hard in learning, sports, and even friendship I will put my own spin on things or just change the rules. I am NOT a quitter - I am actually pretty competitive. But I do like to change the rules to benefit me! :) LOL However, when she is good at something - she'll do it all day and night long! 

One thing that Jacey is amazing at is performing. I am not a performer. So I simply shake my head and laugh because she must get this from her dad! I am proud of her, she is amazing. But I have such a hard time understanding where she gets this bravado! DARN I am trying to put the video on here but it's not working for me! So I'll try later! 

No comments: